................................................................................................Mae Ching......................................

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I am

I'm a year 3 third semester student. It will be my last semester, if everything goes smoothly.. I would like say, I miss school, now. 

This sounds crazy, but yes, I miss the school. I also thought I'm crazy, why would I miss a place where the facilities are so poor, a place where students get annoyed when they can't find a parking place with lower charges and get saman in the end due to illegal par. A place, where it doesn't have much food of choice, and there're more to count. But why I miss here? 

I grew. I literally grew here. Physically, (eh sounds abit wrong), mentally and psychologically. Here's the place where I start knowing more about myself, my directions. I got to know a bunch of great friends here. So happened we bumped together and shared the up and down together. We have about 10 in the group, different personality, different attitude towards academic, different view on world and life. We quarreled, we fought to group with people that we would like to work with. But we shared a group identify - no one can replicate who we are, because we are ourselves, and we shaped each other to be a better person in the group. I remembered, at once, I said, if there's a outstanding student in every semester intake in our department, I would say, in our group, each of us are the "legend" in different aspects. It is true. 

They used to tease me when I can't make it for the gathering and outings. To confess, I'm someone who has lots of comments and "no" when they propose an outing. I admitted that I've made lots of troubles, but I remembered one of their words touched me. "Everyone is the group is equal important. For each other." 

Everyone in the group has different story, and I have different story-line with each of them. But the pictures and memories from every story-lines are beautiful. I smile when I recall it now. Despite of the gender, religions and family background, we tried to shared issues in the deep of emotional stage. We tried to be truthful to each other, care about each other (but I think show the least), help each other as much as we could (and I know I'm not that helpful sometime) and etc.

At once I thought intimate relationship is important to me; at once I thought academic result is important to me; at once I thought family is important to me. And so? So what and who cares? Because at this moment, the value of friendship is significant to me. I don't know when the 'experiment' starts, when it got approval from ethics board and what data I've collected from these friends, but the result is significant.

I can see the bond within the group, and I can feel it. But I don't know how long it can maintain, and how many years counting. 

Maybe we lost contact after each other go into different path. Negatively, maybe we no longer contact each other anymore. But I believe, when we look back or so happen, stand in front of the school, we will get to recall all of the old memories in mind. 

Can't predict the future. Can't expect things happen as I wish. 
Live for this moment, therefore I feel grateful and appreciate because I know how important they are to me. 

And it's time to move on.

Shared in Instagram
j_maeching

No comments: