................................................................................................Mae Ching......................................

Saturday, April 18, 2015

几乎每个晚上关灯后都会开始反思当天发生的事情和后知后觉的启发和成长。这是我近期以来做的事情。这个时候总能让我沉淀自己。

It's such a challenging day today. Firstly, I have the research confirmation meeting with my thesis supervisor and a senior lecturer. The purpose of the meeting is to make sure that thesis students are on the right track of their thesis study. It's not graded, but attendance is compulsory. I dreamt about my supervisor for a few times since the day I met her to briefly discuss about my study last week. I dreamt about her two days continuously. Friends are telling me that I'm too stressed, but I'm not. If I were, I would have felt anxious and sweating. Not sure if it's because of constantly occupied by my research studies, last night, I dreamt about being late and had lots of trouble to reach uni, and this is the second time I dreamt about being late for the meeting. But I'm not really worrying, honestly. Many people told me it's just a simple and informal meeting. They went in for few min and everything is done. My friend went in for 3 min, but he only talked for 30 seconds and the rest talked by his supervisor and senior lecturer, where they helped my friend to find out the solutions for the issues on his research. The other friend actually told me that him didn't talk much, but the two lecturers were talking like showing him what is oral defense. Tbh, the two lecturers are just too funny and everyone finds them amusing. They are really cute. Because lots of people find it easy and relaxing, that's why I'm not really worrying, but feeling nervous while walking to the office. It was a good experience and I had good time during the meeting. Although what I experienced and felt is not exactly like what others said. It is more serious and more questions were thrown on me. But I do enjoy the meeting. From nervous, feeling dumb, trying hard to explain and defense to smiling and satisfying when I see all three tick checks given by both my supervisor and the senior lecturer. I feel proud as to be the student under my supervisor. I have fully respect and admire her profession on work. Although it's just the starting journey of my thesis, and I'm not sure if I can produce the work up to her standard and expectations, but I believe she'll be a great and helpful supervisor along the journey. 

After that, I've my last presentation for this semester. It's challenging because I need to act as Pinocchio with OCD. I didn't have much time to practice for this presentation because my group members and I were focusing more on the meeting. It was a good experience as well even though I act like a child and making fun on the stage. Most important is the feedback from the tutors and peers. They actually gave a quite positive feedback on my group performance. I'm glad that everything goes smooth and I can present calmly on the spot. I see some improvements on myself. Not to exaggerate and showing off but to acknowledge the hardwork I've put in. It's a sign of self-approval. hahaha! =) 

16/04/2015
It's a challenging day,
but fruitful.

No comments: