................................................................................................Mae Ching......................................

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Planners




Here are the planners that I've been using in this 3 years. Tons of papers, notes, and books. My mind was recalling the memories and salient moments I had in these years when I was cleaning up my study table and book-shelf. It means a lot to me. 

Most of the time, I would try to keep many things with me as possible. Even though it has no much value or has been broken, I'll try not to throw it away. That's why the planner in year 2013 can be captured with the year 2015 planner. I do clean up, but mostly, I'm reluctant to throw away the old and broken objects that I keep inside my shelf. Or perhaps, I might not touch it, will never realise its existence until the day I do the clean up and saw it there. Physically, it might not have much value, but I'll still insist to keep it. The reason is simple, it means something to me. It is far away from it's functions, but the memories I had with the objects. For instance, the planners. 

I could think about the cheerful moments and the hard time I had in academic. The single words and notes that I marked down on the calendar reminded me of the important events and those remarkable memories. Throwing anyone of them is like deleting the memorable moments I had in the past. Though some hard time and down moments should be avoided to prevent myself from feeling the sadness and depressed, but after some times, the hardship has transformed to a in-depth and meaningful insights to me. That's the value I see from these subtle objects in my life. 

If you ask me why do it still keeping things that no longer serve as a functional object, I would say, they mean more than just the functions. They are the retrieval cues of my old times memories, and prevent me from getting amnesia. It might be spatially occupied, but I would like my memories been occupied with the ups and down than being empty. 

* Perhaps this also explain why I hardly let go something in life. 

4 comments:

感性说书人 said...

I also have a weird hobby that collect notebook & planner
I even still keep the notebook I started used from 2007 till 2009.

Jackson Koh

Maeching said...

Ah hi! It takes me some time to figure out who is 感性说书人!
Long time never heard from you here! Welcome! ;)

I still keeping the planner in 2003 or 2005. When I was in primary school!
Haha!!
That's one way of thinking about the old memories,
And it's beautiful! Isn't? =)

RAHIM MAAROF said...

Old or new things will always brings memories to anyone. But if you do not bother to
see it over sometime, just keep it in a box and label them. As for me, there things,
I cannot part with, I framed it, keep it in a place, I can found when I want to see and
later throw it away. Happy memories are just a moment, so just remember it with a SMILE.

CHEER
Rahim Maarof

Mae Ching said...

Hi Rahim Maarof,

You're saying we can keep things aside if we find it no harm for keeping it or if we couldn't decide to keep it or not, as we can always take it out whenever we want. Am I right?

Well, every happened moment, regardless of happiness or challenges, is unique and it could be meaningful and unforgettable as long as we can find meaning behind it.

Sorry for late response! Have a nice day! ;)